Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Fabric Box


I have this friend. A long time friend. One of those friends that you can tell anything. We have been friends for about 18 years. Our kids grew up together. We have shared many good times and some bad.
We try to get together weekly to sew. Some sewing does get done, but mostly we eat, drink tea, and talk. It is one of the highlights in my week.


For the last few years we have been doing projects together. One time I taught her to paper piece. We have taken sewing and quilting classes and workshops together. This time she is teaching me how to make a fabric box. I have loved this 'class' she is teaching and hope I have been a good student.


I had some trouble with the free motion quilting, but I am happy with the way it came out.



Last night she wouldn't let me leave her house until I finished sewing the box together. I am glad I did it. It is so pretty!


This is the bottom. After I sew it on I have completed my box. I think I may have to make another one. We got the pattern from a book called Zakka Style. My friend (teacher) bought it for me. It has lots of really nice and fairly easy projects.

Thanks my friend!! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment