Friday, August 15, 2014

Finished It Friday

I know lots of blogs have this title for Friday's. Anyway, I finished my shawl that I have been working on. I am happy with it and excited to show it.



It was super simple. I purposely picked a very easy pattern so I could take it to the lake, ocean, on camping trips and such and not have to think about the stitches.


I finished it just in time too, as it is getting a bit cool here. It was in the low 60's all day!


This shawl was a super simple pattern. Knit one, Yarn over, Knit to the end. It is very soft and comfy. I want to make another one.


I really like having a simple project going as well as something a bit harder (like socks). I think for my next easy project I will knit up a few dishtowels. I know we do need them and I have some cotton yarn stashed away.


3 comments:

  1. i would love to know where you got the pattern! Love it on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment. I didn't have a pattern so much as just directions from someone. I had asked a knitting group what they thought was an easy project that would be good for sitting at softball games and taking to the lake. Someone suggested a 'Hippy Shawl'. Just knit one, yarn over, knit to the end of the row. Keep going until you like the size then cast off. It really is that simple.

      Delete
  2. That looks great on you! And I will be passing on those directions to Tina, too.

    ReplyDelete