Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Garlic and Shallots

We harvested the garlic and shallots the other day. The girls and I that is. The garlic is German Extra Hardy. I am very happy with the way it turned out. The bulbs are large and healthy looking. We cut up a couple for dinner before they dried. Very good. I read somewhere that people think they are getting 'fresh' garlic at a farmers market or farm stand, but I agree, people are not getting 'fresh' garlic. It is only 'fresh' right out of the ground.


The girls are much like the garlic here. Hardy, healthy, and fresh!


They both had been asking to pick the garlic for a few weeks now.


Very proud girls I would say. They love helping in the garden and that makes me very happy!


We picked shallots too. I don't have a super big garden and I don't grow onions as a rule because they are pretty cheap at the store, but shallots are pricey so I do grow them. They are so flavorful.

Now all that garlic is sitting on a screen in the woodshed up in the rafters. Hopefully drying nicely so we can eat it up!!


No comments:

Post a Comment