Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Garden Explodes

I was just looking at the pictures I have been taking of the garden. There has been quite a lot of progress.

For instance the summer squash at the beginning of the month looked like this:




Today it looks like this:




The pole beans really have been climbing and winding their way to the tops of the poles. You can see some of the cucumber plants too. Here they are a couple of weeks ago:


Pole beans now.


The cukes today.


There is quite a difference in the way the whole garden looks. So many things are ripening enough to eat. We have harvested broccoli, snap peas, spinach, chard, lettuce, and cherry tomatoes.


Look how yummy that looks.


Oh, I can't forget the raspberries and blueberries that are coming now.


This is my usual before breakfast snack these days. I graze the bushes on my way to feed the chickens. By mid day there seems to be plenty more for anyone else.

We are right in the thick of summer and gardening now, and it feels so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment