Thursday, July 24, 2014

This Week in My Kitchen


I love the blog Beauty That Moves and have been reading and enjoying her photos for a few years. I am joining Heather in her Kitchen Blog Hop.

So here is this week in My Kitchen:


Even in the heat, bread must be made.




Aaron's turn making dinner. Spaghetti Sauce.


On the left is the last of the spinach. On the right Rainbow Chard is getting a rinse.


Peanut butter cookies.


Shish Kabobs using wooden skewers. Bad idea. I will remember to use the metal ones. The wooden ones burn. Everything turned out great. I marinated stew beef overnight and added summer squash, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. I grilled small round potatoes also.


Part of my week was camping, so here is one of our meals. Cubed steak, sweet potatoes cooked over the fire in foil and asparagus.


We tried making s'mores in a foil packet over the fire. I thought it might be less messy and more creamy. It didn't work out that great. Most of them overcooked. They all did get eaten though. No worries there. The general consensus was that they are better the regular way. Cook the marshmallow, stack and eat.


3 comments:

  1. What a yummy week you had! I need a baked sweet potato ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all looks so good especially all those fresh greens and the peanut cookies. I love the big saucepan too. I believe that if you soak the wooden skewers in water first they don't catch fire.
    Thanks for letting us peep into your kitchen.
    debx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby, for the advice. I will try soaking the skewers.

      Delete